Stone Mountain High School
Stone Mountain High School was founded as DeKalb High School at the turn of the 20th century. The building now housing the high school, on Central Drive between North Hairston and Hambrick, was built in the 1970s.
The school has a 9th grade academy to help transition students from middle school to high school. It offers training in independent living to its special needs students.
- Fax: 678-676-6310
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1,400
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: About 85
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Advanced placement courses are offered in almost all disciplines.
- Extracurricular activities available: Orchestra, sports, band, Red Cross, Step team, Bowling team, Peer Helpers, Science Olympiad, cheerleading
- Student clubs: Book, Beta, Chess, National Honor Society, French, Chorus, Drama, Environmental, FBLA, International, FCCLA H.O.P.E, Ladies of Distinction, Men of Distinction, Navy Junior ROTC, Newspaper, Technology, Animation
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball, cross country, track, tennis, wrestling, competition cheerleading