Stone Mountain City Hall
City Hall is located in the historic train depot on Main Street, along with the municipal court and the police department. According to the city, the depot is the oldest structure burned by General Sherman in the Civil War that is still used.
The city council holds its regular business meeting every first Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm in the court room. Its working session is held every third Tuesday of the month at 6pm.
Mayor: Patricia Wheeler
City Manager: Barry G. Amos, ext. 120
City Clerk: Denise Hicks, ext. 122
Planning & Zoning: Denise Hicks, ext. 122
Building Department: Denise Hicks, ext. 122
Code Enforcement: T. D. Johnson, ext. 117
Engineering: Barry G. Amos, ext. 120
Human Resources: Barry G. Amos, ext. 120
Municipal Court: Emily Sanders, 770-879-4981
Parks and Recreation: Jim Tavenner, 770-879-4970
Public Works: Director Jim Tavenner, 770-879-4970
Downtown Development Authority: Jocelyn Lewis, 770-498-7334
Council members: Susan S Coletti, Steve Higgens, Chakira Johnson, Richard Mailman, Cyril Mungal and Nan Nash.
- Fax: 770-498-8609
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Accessible through a side door.
- What makes this community special?: "The people of Stone Mountain are the friendliest citizens in the state of Georgia," says City Manager Barry G. Amos. "Our citizens go out of their way to make visitors feel at home, and they take real pride in our community."
- Services: Building permits, zoning, sanitation questions and issues, facility rentals, parks, occupational taxes, business licenses, signs, yard sale permits, city-owned cemeteries
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free