Allgood Elementary School
Allgood Elementary has been a part of the Stone Mountain greater community since 1954. Every year since 2002, the school has been an Adequate Yearly Progress Title I School, meaning it met or succeeded student progress required by the federal Title I program. The school is proud of its outdoor science classroom, created in partnership with Lowe's, that offers students a hands-on learning experience. Reading is stressed at Allgood, where the principal selects a book to highlight each month. The school also has a"25 Books" campaign to assist students in reaching the state's "million word" challenge to read one million words a year. Its motto is "Advancing, achieving and succeeding."
- Fax: 678-676-5110
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level and there is only one floor.
- Founding Date: 1954
- Number of students: 411
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: The school follows state guidelines on class size.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 78 staff members, 25 on teaching staff
- Grade levels: Pre-K through fifth grade.
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: After-school Title I program, after-school care with supervised activities and homework assistance.
- Student clubs: Book club