TSPLOST: Ten County Losers X One City Winner =Traffic Congestion Continue
Vote “No” on TSPLOST Referendum – July 31st
By Viola Davis RN BSN
When will we as taxpayers and voters get tired of “status quo” solutions that do not solve problems? The TSPLOST referendum is yet another so-called solution to our everlasting traffic congestion problem. The politically connected corporations will provide plenty of funding to pay for political lies that distort the truth. What truth? Once again, we have a problem that will generate profits for the politically connected. Please view the graph below that explains our Return on Investment:
County/City Revenue Generated Projects/Money Entirely within County/City
Cherokee $ 279.9 million $ 268.5 million (95.9% Return on Investment)
Clayton $ 451.7 million $ 370.0 million (81.9% Return on Investment)
Cobb $1,220.3 million $ 305.5 million (25.0% Return on Investment)
DeKalb $1,017.2 million $ 556.8 million (54.7% Return on Investment)
Douglas $ 206.8 million $ 121.4 million (58.7% Return on Investment)
Fayette $ 190.2 million $ 157.2 million (82.6% Return on Investment)
Fulton $1,237.6 million $ 920.6 million (74.4% Return on Investment)
Gwinnett $1,289.7 million $1,023.9 million (79.4% Return on Investment)
Henry $ 279.2 million $ 261.6 million (93.7% Return on Investment)
Rockdale $ 136.7 million $ 98.2 million (71.8% Return on Investment)
City of Atlanta $ 914.7 million $ 895.7 million (97.9% Return on Investment) Investment Partially within City of Atlanta - $2,156.5 million
Important Facts to Remember:
- Ten counties that make up District 3 will receive less money and projects entirely within their counties compared to the money generated in their counties.
- City of Atlanta will benefit from $2.1 billion dollars in money and projects compared to $914.7 million generated within the city limits.
- Biggest losers for TSPLOST are everyone outside of the City of Atlanta.
- County with the lowest percentage for Return on Investment: Cobb County at 25.0%
- Second county with the lowest percentage for Return on Investment: DeKalb County at 54.7%
Counties/City with >80% Return on Investment include:
- City of Atlanta 97.9%
- Cherokee County 95.9%
- Henry County 93.7%
- Fayette County 82.6%
- Clayton County 81.9%
Remember: Problems generate Profits for the Politically Connected!