Wednesday is National Signing Day, and dozens of student-athletes at seven Stone Mountain and Lithonia area high schools. will be declaring their collegiate plans at 10 am.
Here is Wednesday's schedule:
- Arabia Mountain - 9 am, eight signings
- Lithonia High - 10 am, five to seven signings
- Martin Luther King Jr. High - 10 am, 23 signings
- Miller Grove High - 11:30 am, three to 11 signings
- Redan High - 3 pm, two signings
- Stephenson High - 9 am, 20 signings
- Stone Mountain High - 3 pm, one to three signings
Particularly in the world of college football, "National Signing Day" has turned into something of a holiday for fans eager to find out if their favorite college program will get the top "blue-chip" recruits. But it's also an exciting day for athletes from soccer, baseball and every other sport.
With your help, Stone Mountain-Lithonia Patch wants to capture the moment when they announce their college destinations.
You have a couple of options:
- Upload an announcement. After your favorite players sign on the dotted line, head over to Patch and tell everyone where they are headed. We'll help you spread the word by promoting the announcement on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Post photos. Did you know that Stone Mountain-Lithonia Patch has a gallery of user-generated photos? Wednesday is the perfect day to use it.
These are tools anyone can use to highlight what's going on in school, a business, athletic team, charitable organization, you name it. We're happy to help you spread the word on Patch!
Let the national signing day frenzy begin.