In a day when the temperature is expected to reach just 61, the National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a wind advisory to remain in effect from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. today.
Thumbs up or thumbs down on today's cool, windy weather? Tell us in the comments section below.
In addition to the wind advisory, there is a high fire danger conditions alert has been issued for today and into the early evening hours. Both of the advisories are for most of north and central Georgia, including Walton and Gwinnett counties.
- Winds northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph
- Sustained winds of at least 20 mph expected
- Winds this strong make driving difficult, especially for high-profile vehicles
- Use extra caution
- High fire danger due to strong gusty winds and some low relative humidities.
- Sustained winds 15 to 25, gusts to 35, humidities in 20 to 30 percent range
- With generally dry fuels, high fire danger conditions can be expected
- Refer to local burn permitting authorities for outside burn restrictions.
- If you do burn, use extreme caution.