Among the items voted on during the Stone Mountain City Counci's meeting Tuesday, Feb. 5 was a filming location agreement between the city and Bonanza Productions. Check back with Patch for more on when and what will be filming (we hear it's more Vampire Diaries).
The item under new business, amnesty for individuals - outstanding warrants for traffic violations - was tabled until March.
Council member Cyril Mungal was not present.
The council approved the following:
- Street closure for the Blue GrassRoots & Arts Festival
a. Main Street from Memorial Drive to Mimosa drive
b. East Mountain Street at Main Street
c. West Mountain Street at Main Street
d. Manor Drive at Second Street
- Approval of short term fcility use agreement between the city of Stone Mountain nd The Stone Mountain Historic Society - use of Rock Gym for Fundraiser - Feb. 16, 7-10 p.m.
- Safety Deposit Box Lease with SunTrust Bank.
- Appointments to the Historic Preservation Commission
- Contract for services - Main Street Stone Mountain, Inc. and the City of Stone Mountain
- Renewal of lease agreement - ART Station and the City of Stone Mountain - storage building
- Facility use agreement - city of Stone Mountain and Ray of Hope - use of McCurdy Park for baseball - March 2-July 7 - $2,800
- Approval of sanitation refund to Charles Lenkerd - $13,236.40
- Approval of employee medical benefits with Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Company
- Approval of employee dental benefits with Best Life Insurance
- Approval of a short-term loan between the Downtown Development Authority and the City of Stone Mountain (mayor pro tem Chakira Sallee abstained)
- Termination of equipment lease agreement with Hasler Financial Service - postage meter
- Proposal by S&ME to test and report contamination to EPD for 968 Main Street
- Resolution - 2013-07- amendment to the general fund budget for fiscal year 2013