Want to vote for president before Tuesday, Nov. 6? Find time in your schedule today.
Advanced voting for the presidential election ends today, Friday, Nov. 2. Early voting polling places, including Berean Christian Church Community Center at 2440 Young Rd. in Stone Mountain, are open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Other early voting places today include:
- DeKalb Voter Registration & Elections Office at 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur 30032. This site has special provisions for seniors and disabled citizens.
- Clark Harrison Building, 330 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Room A, Decatur 30030.
- Chamblee Civic Center, 3540 Broad St., Chamblee 30341
- South DeKalb - Community Achievement Center, Inc. 4522 Flat Shoals Parkway Decatur, 30034
- Tucker Recreation Center, 4898 LaVista Road Tucker, 30084
What's on the ballot?
The presidential election features the Democratic incumbent, President Barack Obama, against the GOP nominee, Gov. Mitt Romney and Gov. Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party.
Voters also will decide between Lisa Kinnemore and incumbent Michele Henson for District 86 state representative; and between Christine "Tina" Hoffer and incumbent Dar'shun N. Kendrick for district 93 state rep.
Republican Howard Stopeck, a Virginia Highland resident, will face Democratic incumbent U.S. Rep. John Lewis for the District 5 Congressional seat. In the 4th Congressional District, incumbent Hank Johnson is opposed by J. Chris Vaughn.
There are several contested elections for state house and Senate seats. To see who's running, look at a sample ballot on the elections office webpage.
Also for voters to decide is whether the state can override local school boards' decisions on rejection of charter schools.
The ballot will also allow voters to indicate support or opposition for stopping unlimited gifts from lobbyists to state legislators.
Georgians will also be able to vote on two tax-related issues: adoption of an income tax credit for home energy costs and a reduction of sales taxes on products made in Georgia to help small businesses.