The City of Stone Mountain's chief of police gave his report at the city council work session Monday night.
Chief Chancey Troutman said in June, there were:
- 186 calls
- 251 citations
- 34 arrests
- two DUIs
Three burglaries in June:
- Troutman said police recovered a television in a wooded area 30 minutes after a burglary on Mountainview Drive
- Copper was stolen from a vacant home on Ridge Avenue
- Troutman said an ex-roomate at a residence on Cherry Wood Drive took things such as furniture from the home.
"Burglaries went down a little bit last month, which was excellent," Troutman said.
- Rockborough Terrace - Troutman said a woman had a barbecue and some items were stolen
- Second Street - lawn equiment stolen from a crawl space.
Troutman said there were 24 alarm calls; 16 domestic calls; and a drug arrest (less than an ounce of marijuana).
Troutman also said several suspects recently had been taken into custody, including:
- Toddricus Freeman was arrested for theft of an iPhone from a business at 982 Main Street;
- John Henry McGhee was arrested for theft of a blower from a citizen's truck on E. Mountain Street;
- Kenneth Jerrad Reed was arrested for aggravated assault (stabbing in The Lakes at Stone Mountain apartments);
- Quintravious Hurst was arrested for statutory rape.
Observations: Troutman said he sees people leaving equipment on their lawns at night. He advised people to remind their neighbors to put their belongings up.
Burglary ring in DeKalb: Troutman warned of a burglary ring in DeKalb County (outside of the city - on the outskirts of Memorial Drive and in Dunwoody, Troutman said) that targets 1995-1999 Honda Accords. "There's been a big rash of thefts on that," he said.