Looking for work in Stone Mountain or Lithonia? Each week Patch compiles lists of job listings from sources such as the Department of Labor, DeKalb County, DeKalb Public Library, web sites of individual businesses and job search sites such as snagajob.com to help you.
Be sure to click on the links to learn more about a position's education requirements, all duties/requirements, and how to apply.
You can also check out jobs employers have listed on Patch.
1. Administrative assistant, part-time, Stone Mountain
About the job/qualifications:
- 24 months experience
- 12 years education
- required: at least 25 ears old
- required: must have valid class C drivers license
- receive customers
- advise customers on filling out applications for classes
- Assist technician with monitoring and installing breathalyzers
- Driver Training will require: MVR Report Background Check Physical Exam
Learn more about the administrative assistant job here.
2. General manager, full time and part-time, Boston Market, Stone Mountain 30087
About the job/qualifications:
- Lead, develop, train, and motivate team and fellow managers into high-performing teams.
- Maintain appropriate employee records/documentation to ensure company is compliant with local/federal agencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Learn more about the general manager job here.
3. Pre-k teacher, full time, Flat Rock Elementary, 4603 Evans Mill Rd., Lithonia, 30038
Salary: $22,904.90 to $22,904.90
- Bachelor in Early childhood
- Bachelor in elementary education
- Bachelor in Child Development/Family and Consumer Sciences
- Bachelor in psychology or social work (not sociology) PLUS one of the following:
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education
- a Montessori diploma (for approved Montessori Curriculum sites)
- a valid, nationally recognized Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- An education/child development related field documented by an official transcript from the college/university (15 semester hours / 25 quarter hours of early childhood education coursework is the minimum to qualify as related field)
Search for more details on the the Pre-K position and other DeKalb County school jobs here.
The Mobile Career Center -- known as the "Jobs Bus," where job seekers can get job search assistance, resume writing help and more -- will be at the following nearby library:
Clarkston branch, 10 am—4 pm, 951 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston.
DeKalb County Bus Driver Fair
What: Bus Driver Career Fair, hosted by DeKalb County School District
When: November 5, 2012, 9am-12pm
Where: 5839 Memorial Drive, Stone Mountain, 30083.
Details: Fill out an online application at www.pats.dekalb.k12.ga.us . Applicants need to bring a copy of their motor vehicle driving record for the past seven years, social security card, commercial driver's license (CDL), and a copy of their high school diploma.
For more information: Contact Andrea Brown at the Safety & Training Office, 678.676.1481 or Human Resources Help Line 678.676.0005. Paid training will be provided.