With sunny skies and moderate temperatures throughout the weekend, it's going to be a great few days to get outside and enjoy all the colors of Spring and the many things around Stone Mountain. In addition to the Annual Easter Sunrise Service on Stone Mountain, here's a few others - in alphabetical order.
1. AARF's April Adoption Event
When: Saturday, April 7, 2012 - 12:00 - 3:00
Why Go: Come out to meet lots of great AARF and Dekalb County Animal Services dogs at AARF Pet Central - 6570 James B Rivers Drive, Stone Mountain Village (678) 534-3483 http://www.aarfatlanta.org/adoptiondays2006.html
2. Bowling and Arcade Fun
Where: Stars and Strikes Tucker/Stone Mountain
1741 Mountain Industrial Blvd., Stone Mountain, GA 30083
Why Go: GREAT family fun throughout the weekend with Spring Break specials.
- FRIDAY – ½ Price Arcade – All Day with bowling specials from midnight until closing
- Saturday – Bowlers Choice specials from midnight until closing.
- Sunday – Monday Morning Bowling from 9 a.m. until noon: 99 cents bowling and 99 cents shoe rental.
3. Easter Egg Hunts
- The Annual Easter Egg Hunt,, Stone Mountain. (Saturday)
- , 2201 Young Rd, Stone Mountain, 30088. (Saturday)
- Wells Brown House Old Fashioned Easter Egg Hunt (note: for members only) 1036 Ridge Avenue (Sunday)
- Easter Egg-travaganza" provided by DeKalb County Commissioner Stan Watson at (Sunday)
Why Go: Celebrate Spring by filling up your basket with treat-filled eggs!
Details: See our comprehensive listing for details.
4. Geyser Towers at Stone Mountain
Where: Stone Mountain Park
Why Go: Patch Tested - a great time for a hot day.
Cost: The cost is included in the park's One-Day Adventure Pass ($28 plus tax, adults 12 and up; $22 plus tax, children ages 3-11) and the Mountain Membership (new members, $56 plus tax ages 12 and up; $44 plus tax for children ages 3-11). Read about other price options under the park's Mountain Membership.