1. Today on Patch:
- Looking for work? Find out who's hiring in our Local Job Alerts.
- Police Blotter for Unincorporated Stone Mountain. Are there particular crimes going on that concern you? Tell us in the comments at the end of the article
- What's for lunch at DeKalb County schools today?
- Did you miss any of our holiday stories? Check out holiday safety tips from police; photo gallery of gingerbread houses; and more!
2. Play chess tonight: Meet at the , 6:30-7:30 p.m. for rousing games of chess, for ages 6 and up (parents, don't forget to stay in the building during the hour); for ages 7-14, visit Lithonia-Davidson Library for chess, 5:30-7 p.m.
3....Or go to a meeting: The public is invited to the Downtown Development Authority meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m., 965 Main Street in Stone Mountain Village.
4. The weather: A little chilly with a 100 percent chance of rainy. High only of 57, low of 35 tonight; 90 percent chance of rain tonight.
5. Happy birthday to musical legends: Berry Gordy of Motown Records turns 81 today: singer/songwriter Randy Newman is 67.