Welcome to the last few days of October 2012. Here are five things to know and share:
1. Early voting will be available at Berean Christian Church Community Center in Stone Mountain starting on Monday, Oct. 29 through Friday Nov. 2. The address is 2440 Young Rd. in Stone Mountain, and the hours are from 7 a.m.- 7 p.m. Please note: early voting at all polling places ends Nov. 2.
See all early voting polling places in DeKalb.
2. Town Hall Meeting on Underage Drinking at Stone Mountain City Hall takes place on Monday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m. This free information and discussion event is for teens, parents, alcohol permit holders and more. For more information, contact Beyond the Bell, DC Promise: 404-431-9595.
3. Wednesday, October 31 is Halloween. Check out our Halloween page for costume ideas, safety tips and more. Some local fun on Halloween includes "Every Pumpkin Has a Tale" at Salem Panola Library, 5137 Salem Rd. in Lithonia (for ages 5-12) and Trunk or Treat at Chick-fil-A, 5542 Memorial Dr., Stone Mountain.
4. Zombie Bingo! at Hairston Crossing Library takes place Oct. 30, 6-7 p.m. The activity, described on the website as a "gory game of chance to win small prizes" is for ages 13-17.
5. Indian Festival and Pow Wow at Stone Mountain Park starts Nov.1-4. Times are: Thursday and Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; and Sunday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
See ticket and pricing information about Stone Mountain Park. There is a $10 vehicle entry fee.