Meeting Notes: Associate Judge for Stone Mountain City to Do the Same for Lithonia
Among its five action items, the Lithonia City Council approved the appointment of La Tisha Dear as associate judge. The council also approved a resolution to re-establish the Lithonia Downtown Development Authority.
Lithonia's city council on Monday voted on the following items during its regular meeting:
1. Approval of severance payment for Gerald Sanders, former city administrator, Action: approved.
2. Approval of resolution re-establishing the Lithonia Downtown Development Authority and appointment of directors. Action: Approved
3. Approval of resolution for city to participate in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) for emergency assistance. Action: approved.
4. Appointment of attorney La Tisha Dear as associate judge for Lithonia Municipal Court.
5. Reduction of 12 month time frame to allow resubmission and reconsideration of zoning variance request for property located at 2378 Randall Ave. Action: approved (4-1, Mayor Pro Tem Pat Millier opposed).
Dear told Patch after the meeting that she will serve as associate judge in Stone Mountain and in Lithonia on different days of the week - Thursdays in Stone Mountain and Fridays in Lithonia.