Local Jobs: Fiscal Compliance Specialist for DeKalb Schools Pays $52,000
Also available: groundskeeper and stock crew jobs.
Looking for work in Stone Mountain or Lithonia? Each week Patch compiles job listings from sources such as the Department of Labor, web sites of individual businesses and job search sites such as snagajob.com to help you.
Be sure to click on the links to learn more about a position's education requirements, all duties/requirements, and how to apply.
You can also check out jobs employers have listed on Patch.
1. Specialist, fiscal compliance, DeKalb County School District, Stone Mountain
Salary: $52,640.77 to $71,550.20
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related area
- Required: Minimum of three years technical level inventory, auditing, or closely related experience
- Keeps the Office of Federal Programs in compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations regarding inventory, audits, technology support, and periodic reports
- Prepares, manages, and reconciles inventory for all Title I schools and centers using spreadsheets, and other job-related software, and more
2. Groundskeeper, temporary part-time, Stone Mountain
Salary: $12-13 per hour
- General repairs and maintenance
- 12 months experience
- Background and drug screen required
- Painting, clearing drainpipes, hauling or place garbage on the curb disposal, and more
Learn more about the groundskeeper job here.
3. Off-hours stock crew, full-time/part-time, Babies R Us, Lithonia
- Hours are commonly early morning; may include overnight shifts, depending on location, etc.
- Replenish a shelf, bin or pegged area with stock and transporting merchandise by hand/pulling
- Safe operation of a blade-type instrument designed for opening cased merchandise, as well as returning the blade to its non-operational position when not in use
- Moving merchandise to and from the perimeter and gondola overstock areas and requires climbing a ladder up to 12 feet, and more.
Learn more about the off hours stock crew position here.
The Mobile Career Center -- known as the "Jobs Bus," where job seekers can get job search assistance, resume writing help and more -- comes to the following local libraries later this month:
Redan-Trotti Library, 1569 Wellborn Rd., Lithonia, on Monday Jan.14, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Salem-Panola Library, 5137 Salem Rd., Lithonia, on Tuesday, Jan. 29, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.