Five Things to Know this Week, April 8-14
New show at ART Station, City Hall grand opening.
It's going to be another beautiful week (see the weather summary below). Here are five things you should know:
1. The obvious: Spring break is over (boo-hoo). It's back to school for DeKalb County students on Monday, April 9.
2. Patch Readers Choice Poll: Coming up Monday, April 9, vote for best place in Stone Mountain to buy sporting goods. You'll have until 9 a.m. Friday, April 13 to vote, so please, spread the word! The winner gets a Patch certificate and bragging rights.
Please note: If you have any suggestions for sporting goods places to include in our poll, you must tell us in the comment section at the end of this article by 8 p.m. Sunday, April 8. Patch cannot add choices once the poll begins.
3. This week's weather: Easter Sunday April 8 appears to be the warmest day of the week, with a high of 78. Sunny skies for the rest of the week, with the highs "dipping" to 67 on Wednesday, April 11, but mostly in the low-to-mid 70s.
4. City Hall Grand Opening: The Grand Opening of the new municipal building in the city of Stone Mountain is April 13 starting at 3 p.m.
5. Tip, Tap Two at ART Station: Come see Taps and Tre perform in the show at ART Station running Thursday, April 12, through Sunday, April 15 (there is a senior matinee on Wednesday, April 11 at 10:30 a.m.; tickets are $15 for that show). Ticket prices on remaining days are $21 and $25. Visit ART Station's website to learn more and buy tickets.